Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spain-Food Justyce


Justyce Otero
My Delicious Trip to Spain

My visit to Spain, where to start?...FOOD, definitely the food, definitely my favorite part, don’t get me wrong, Spain is beautiful but the food is delicious! I want to tell you about three absolutely amazing dishes, so I’m going to start off with  Salad of Piquillo Peppers. Wow was this tasty, especially if you like sweet and spicy foods. This salad of peppers included, Piquillo peppers, garlic cloves, sprigs of parsley, virgin olive oil and salt! ("Spanish recipes: Salad of Piquillo peppers | Foods from Spain." ).
The peppers were cut into strips and coated in garlic,parsley, and salt soaked in olive oil, 
Not only did it taste good, the dish was attractive too!  


←  Look at it, what a beaut!!!! <3


Later that afternoon I got to enjoy myself a nice bowl of Gazpacho soup, this was absolutely amazing and I enjoyed every last bit of it. I also enjoyed having the people around me educate me on where the soup came from and it’s purpose, what it was made for. Which, this soup was made to be refreshing on a hot summer day, unlike most soups this soup is cold. The simplest way to explain it would be cold tomato soup with fresh vegetables.  Some of the many things this soup includes is tomato, purple onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, celery, parsley, chives, garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and more! (" Gazpacho Recipe | Simply Recipes.").
This soup was so good I decided to get a whole other order to go, ya know..just incase I got hungry! (;

 
← Nom Nom Nom!!! Delicioso (:


Lastly my third favorite meal that I had in Spain was Paella, which it’s said that you cannot leave Spain without having this dish. So I took everyones word for it, tried it out. and wasn’t surprised to have been more than pleased with this meal. Paella is a traditional dish including, saffron-flavored rice, and all sorts if sauted meats like chicken,pork, rabbit(omg, poor thing), or seafood such as clams,shrimp, mussels, crayfish, or squid! Then you put in mixed  vegetables. It doesn’t have to include all of the above, me, I’m personally not a seafood or rabbit fan myself. (“Paella.”)
This trip was absolutely spectacular, couldn’t have been better...probably gained 10-15 pounds, but I had fun doing it (:

←Oh the memories..Rabbit and Seafood free!:p


4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which meal was your favorite? :) I don't think I'd like any of those three because they're all spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite meal was definitely the Gazpacho soup!(: very good! I love spicy food so this was right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete