Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Food In Italy

Oh mio Dio, il cibo qui è assolutamente delizioso. (Oh my god, the food here is absolutely delicious). In Italy they grow Oranges, Apples, Peaches, Tomatoes, Garlic, Rice and Wheat. They use the food they grow for their awesome dishes. Tomatoes are grown all over Italy in various places. “They turn the tomatoes into a paste or pasta sauce. They turn the wheat into pasta and biscuits/ cookies”("ITALY FOOD”). I guess in Italy  biscuits and cookies are the same thing. Now the Garlic is used in many and I mean MANY dishes. They especially like to crush it up and put it pasta sauce and salads, They also use garlic to add a little kick to the meats. “For breakfast they drink hot chocolate, tea, coffee and or other fruit juices. They eat fresh rolls with butter or they can just eat cheese” if that is what they prefer("ITALY FOOD”).
On the morning of 1/14/13 I woke up and drank a cup of some delicious tea and ate a roll with butter on it. In Italy lunch is at a specific time, Kind of like back in the U.S its noontime only in Italy is at 12:30. “They eat pizza or sandwiches for lunch. Sometimes it can be a meal at a restaurant” ("ITALY FOOD"). I ended up eating some pizza for lunch, Their pizza is not as greasy as back in the U.S. It’s much healthier and tastes a lot better. “Dinner time is around 7:30 but many Italians eat after eight”(ITALY FOOD). For dinner I ordered antipasto, (“Which is a plate of Olives, Cheese, Salami, egg and tomato”)(“ITALY FOOD”). Fettuccine Alfredo and some Pork. I know it sounds gross but it was absolutely delicious.
I noticed that they have “different courses, like after the pasta course it would be followed by a kind of meat or fish” ("Food"). While I was walking down the street I “asked ten people for pasta sauce recipes. I ended up with ten different recipes, That’s how traditional their pasta sauce is” (“Interesting Facts & Information”). My advice? Go to Italy and try it yourself. You won't regret it!

4 comments:

  1. Why do they eat dinner at such a late time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the person, Like they'll wait until everyone is out of work to go eat dinner. A lot of it is just them wanting to eat at a late time.

      Delete
  2. The huge amount of tomatoes grown there must be why they have so many different pasta sauces. I had antipasto as the first part of my meals in Italy too. Did you get to try any of the desserts while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No unfortunately I didn't I was way too full to even think about dessert.

      Delete