Thursday, January 17, 2013

France Foods

My Trip to France and the AMAZING Food!   

Just got to Paris, France! it is beautiful here.  The food in France has been amazing so far! I am trying out tons of new and different plates and dishes that we don’t have in the United States.  France is known for their food culture and food lovers (French food Facts), although it is bizarre that their dishes are in small portions than we have. I’ve only been in Paris for one night and it seems like every street I go on to there is a new restaurant or dessert/pastry place.

I’ve have been doing a little bit of research myself and I’ve found that there are about five thousands restaurants in Paris alone(French food Facts).  I also found out a little about the french paradox.  This explains that with the fatty foods and unhealthy meals that the british and french eat, it’s exotic that they aren’t bigger.  They also have a low rate of chronic heart disease(French food Facts).  
Cheese is a very important meal to french people, it is in their culture to eat lots of cheese.  In the French food Facts article it says that one  person usually eats about 25 kg of cheese.  This makes them the largest cheese consumers in the world. They also make cheese and it is extremely yummy! The research I did said they make over three hundred different kinds of cheese. Cheese is actually its own meal in France! They have it before dessert but after their main meal(French food Facts).  
Bread is another very popular food in France.  They produce more than three and a half tons of bread a year(Food in France-USA Today)! The baguette is very popular for all meals and when the croissants were introduced in the 18th century they became popular as well.
All the meals look so presentable and so yummy to eat. Most of the meals that I had came with a baguette on the side. Coffee and tea was always an option at any meal. My first meal that I  had the first day I was there for lunch was a crepe topped with a chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream on the inside. I guess you could consider this meal more of a dessert but it was still amazingly good!
One day I went McDonalds for a quick meal and I noticed that they had some very different meals than we have in the U.S. Yes, they have the normal burgers but the fries are in wedges and they sell sandwiches with meat and veggies on them.   
I also got to experience eating cheese as a meal. This was VERY weird. Too much cheese for me in one sitting. I guess if I grew up eating like this it would be enjoyable.
Over all the foods in France have been amazingly good and has been an awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment